Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 2, Mile 513, Morning from Manchester

Headed out east from Manchester and picked up 66 heading south. 66 is magnificient; a meandering, tunnel through the Daniel Boone National Forest. It was pretty cool as I started out, enough to merit an extra layer. The sun, heading east as I was, was brilliant, reflecting off every drop of dew it could find. At one point I rode through a cloud of fog just in the process of burning off. I caught a photo of a lingering path of said fog peeking out from the treetops where it was caught like cotton on a carpet.
The curves on 66 were just the warmup I would need for the Dragon. In fact, it was a bit reveresed; instead of riding a ridge, I was often carving through (limestone?) canyons.
As a reminder that this is coal country I passed two functioning coal mines as well as a handful of (ungated!) rail crossings.
I stopped for a coffe at a tiny little general store at the edge of the woods. A perfect start to the day.


-----------------------------------------
This message and any included attachments are intended only for the
addressee. The information contained in this message is
confidential and may constitute proprietary or non-public
information under international, federal, or state laws.
Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of
such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and
notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail.

No comments: